Comparison of antioxidant activity between cyanidin-3-O-glucoside (C3G) liposome and cyanidin-3-O-glucoside (C3G) in 2D and 3D cell cultures
In this study, we used in this study H2O2 to construct the cell damage model and assess the antioxidant activity of C3G and C3G liposomes on Caco-2 cells cultured in the 3D model. We also measured the cell viability, cell morphology, and activity of glutathione (GSH), superoxide dismutase (SOD), total antioxidant capacity (T-AOC), and malondialdehyde (MDA) content of Caco-2 cells treated with H2O2, C3G, and C3G liposomes. Results showed that cells cultured in the 3D culture model formed a 3D structure and tight spheroids and showed increased cell activity and IC50. The C3G and C3G liposomes can enhance the activity of GSH, SOD, and T-AOC but decrease the MDA content. At the same time, the effect was more obvious in the 3D cell culture model than in the cells cultured in the 2D model. This study revealed that the results obtained from the 2D cell model may be inaccurate compared with the results obtained from the 3D cell model. A realistic mechanism study of antioxidant activity of C3G and C3G liposomes in the 3D cell model, which acts as an intermediate stage bridging the in vitro 2D and in vivo models, was observed.
- Downloaded 352 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 77,961
- In cell biology: 3,589
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 126,688
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 121,871
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!