Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 62,198 bioRxiv papers from 276,130 authors.
Identification of a Key Co-Operative Role of YB-1 in the Genesis and Metastasis of Human Breast Cancer
Gian Luca Negri,
Gregg B Morin,
Poul H Sorensen,
Connie J Eaves
Posted 19 Jul 2018
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/372524
Posted 19 Jul 2018
Shared mechanisms driving the malignant properties of human breast cancers have been difficult to identify because of their extensive biological and molecular heterogeneity. Here we sought to examine the possibility that mammalian Y-box binding protein-1 (YB-1) might have such a role given its association with poor survival in patients with other types of metastatic tumours, and recently reported ability in high-risk sarcomas to induce a hypoxia-inducible factor 1α (HIF1α) response and stress granule formation through translational activation of G3BP1 mRNAs. However, the role of YB-1 in contributing to the malignant properties of human breast cancer cells in vivo has not been experimentally investigated. Here we demonstrate a critical co-operative role of YB-1 in mediating the initial as well as later malignant properties and downstream activities displayed by de novo transformed normal human mammary cells as well as by an established aggressive breast cancer cell line in transplanted immunodeficient mice. : #ref-1 : #ref-2 : #ref-3 : #ref-4
- Downloaded 328 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 29,750 out of 62,198
- In cancer biology: 907 out of 2,045
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 19,145 out of 62,198
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 15,459 out of 62,198
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!