Making Common Fund data more Findable: Catalyzing a Data Ecosystem
Amanda L Charbonneau,
Daniel J.B. Clarke,
Heather H Creasy,
Rayna M Harris,
Theresa K Hodges,
Marisa C.W. Lim,
R. Lee Liming,
James B, Munro,
Robert E. Schuler,
Alexander M Waldrop,
C. Titus Brown,
Posted 08 Nov 2021
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2021.11.05.467504
Posted 08 Nov 2021
The Common Fund Data Ecosystem has created a flexible system of data federation that enables users to discover datasets from across the Common Fund without requiring the data owners to move, reformat, or rehost those data. The CFDEs federation system is centered on a metadata catalog that ingests metadata from individual Common Fund Program Data Coordination Centers into a uniform metadata model that can then be indexed and searched from a centralized portal. This uniform Crosscut Metadata Model (C2M2), supports the wide variety of data set types and metadata terms used by the individual and is designed to enable easy expansion to accommodate new datatypes.
- Downloaded 204 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 146,715
- In bioinformatics: 11,342
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 5,452
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 5,785
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!