Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 52,258 bioRxiv papers from 242,323 authors.
To date, genome-wide association studies have implicated at least 35 loci in osteoarthritis, but due to linkage disequilibrium, we have yet to pinpoint the specific variants that underlie these associations, nor the mechanisms by which they contribute to disease risk. Here we functionally tested 1,605 single nucleotide variants associated with osteoarthritis for regulatory activity using a massively parallel reporter assay. We identified six single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) with differential regulatory activity between the major and minor alleles. We show that our most significant hit, rs4730222, drives increased expression of an alternative isoform of HBP1 in a heterozygote chondrosarcoma cell line, a CRISPR-edited osteosarcoma cell line, and in chondrocytes derived from osteoarthritis patients.
- Downloaded 718 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 9,529 out of 52,258
- In genomics: 1,414 out of 3,742
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 17,547 out of 52,258
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 14,038 out of 52,258
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!