Acoustic light-sheet microscopy
Hiroki R Ueda,
Posted 20 Aug 2021
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2021.08.20.457051
Posted 20 Aug 2021
Light-sheet imaging of 3D objects with high spatial resolution remains an open challenge because of the trade-off between field-of-view (FOV) and axial resolution originating from the diffraction of light. We developed acoustic light-sheet microscopy (acoustic LSM), which actively manipulates the light propagation inside a large sample to obtain wide-field microscopic images deep inside a target. By accurately coupling a light-sheet illumination pulse into a planar acoustic pulse, the light-sheet can be continuously guided over large distances. We imaged a fluorescence-labeled transparent mouse brain for the FOVs of 19.3 x 12.4 mm2 and 9.7 x 5.9 mm2 with resolved microstructures and single cells deep inside the brain. Acoustic LSM creates new opportunities for the application of light-sheet in the field of industry to basic science.
- Downloaded 849 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 49,311
- In bioengineering: 990
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 49,434
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 44,585
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!