Gasdermin D (GSDMD) participates in activation of in[fl]ammasomes and pyroptosis. Meanwhile, ubiquitination strictly regulates in[fl]ammatory responses. However, how ubiquitination regulates Gasdermin D activity is not well understood. In this study, we show that pyroptosis triggered by Gasdermin D is regulated through ubiquitination. Specifically, SYVN1, an E3 ubiquitin ligase of gasdermin D, promotes GSDMD-mediated pyroptosis. SYVN1 de[fi]ciency inhibits pyroptosis and subsequent LDH release and PI uptake. SYVN1 directly interacts with GSDMD, and mediates K27-linked polyubiquitination of GSDMD on K203 and K204 residues, promoting GSDMD-induced pyroptotic cell death. Thus, our findings revealed the essential role of SYVN1 in GSDMD-mediated pyroptosis. Overall, GSDMD ubiquitination is a potential therapeutic module for inflammatory diseases.
- Downloaded 164 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 140,518
- In immunology: 4,219
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 53,902
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 19,256
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!