A Cyprinid herpesvirus 2 (CyHV-2) strain YZ01 was isolated from an apparently healthy goldfish with history of exposure to CyHV-2 when the water temperature was heated from 3 to 25 .Brain, kidney, spleen (referred to as BKS) and intestine of sick and dead fish as well as crucian carp (CrCB) or goldfish brain cell (GFB) suspensions inoculated with above tissue homogenate were collected for PCR assay.Infected cell layers were prepared into ultrathin sections for transmission electron microscopy. Virus DNA were purified from cell suspensions for whole genome sequencing and analysis. Intestine and mixed brain, kidney and spleen fluid (BKS) of dead goldfish and BKS-infected CrCB suspensions as well as their subsequent passages were tested positive by PCR. Nucleus deformation, lattice-like arrangement of inclusion bodies and various forms of immature and mature virions in the nucleus, cytoplasm and outside of cell membranes were observed. Whole genome analysis of 7 CyHV-2 strains available in GeneBank showed that all strains genomes share very high homology while YZ01 was more close to CyHV-2 CNDF-TB2015 and SY-C1 which are classified as C genotype.
- Downloaded 169 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 194,388
- In microbiology: 14,843
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: None
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 56,894
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!