Information extracted from microbiome sequences through deep-learning techniques can significantly improve protein structure and function modeling. However, the model training and metagenome search were largely blind with low efficiency. Built on 4.25 billion microbiome sequences from four major biomes (Gut, Lake, Soil and Fermentor), we proposed a MetaSource model to decode the inherent link of microbial niches with protein homologous families. Large-scale protein family folding experiments showed that a targeted approach using predicted biomes significantly outperform combined metagenome datasets in both speed of MSA collection and accuracy of deep-learning structure assembly. These results revealed the important link of biomes with protein families and provided a useful bluebook to guide future microbiome sequence database and modeling development for protein structure and function prediction.
- Downloaded 249 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 135,169
- In bioinformatics: 10,698
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 63,887
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 9,169
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!