Modified Oxacillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus detected in neonatal intensive care patients
Melissa R. Gitman,
Adriana Van De Guchte,
Mitchell J. Sullivan,
Melissa Laird Smith,
Deena R Altman,
Emilia M. Sordillo,
Harm van Bakel
Posted 09 Mar 2021
medRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2021.03.04.21251785
Posted 09 Mar 2021
Active surveillance in our neonatal intensive care unit identified Staphylococcus aureus cultures from two infants with heterogeneity in methicillin resistance between isolated subclones lacking mecA and mecC. Whole-genome analysis of 4 modified (MODSA) and 4 methicillin-susceptible (MSSA) subclones for each culture identified either truncating mutations in the cyclic diadenosine monophosphate phosphodiesterase enzyme (GdpP), or a nonsynonymous substitution in penicillin binding protein 2 (PBP2). These cases highlight the difficulty in identifying non-mecA/non-mecC-mediated methicillin-resistance in clinical laboratories.
- Downloaded 125 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 139,600
- In infectious diseases: 5,468
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 52,510
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 26,407
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!