Risk of hospitalization and risk of death for healthcare workers with COVID-19 in nine European Union/European Economic Area countries, January 2020 - January 2021
Joana Gomes Dias,
Rianne van Gageldonk-Lafeber,
Ana Paula Coutinho Rehse,
Dominique L. Monnet
Posted 06 Mar 2021
medRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2021.03.01.21252651
Posted 06 Mar 2021
We assessed the impact of COVID-19 on healthcare workers (HCWs) from data on 2.9 million cases reported from nine countries in the EU/EEA. Compared to non-HCWs, HCWs had a higher adjusted risk of hospitalization (IRR 3.0 [95% CI 2.2-4.0]), but not death (IRR 0.9, 95% CI 0.4-2.0). Article Summary LineHealthcare workers are hospitalized more frequently than non-healthcare workers when adjusting for age, sex, and comorbidities.
- Downloaded 194 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 133,093
- In public and global health: 1,770
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 44,226
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 41,370
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!