Hippocampal signature of associative memory measured by chronic ambulatory intracranial EEG
Posted 30 Mar 2018
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/291740 (published DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-37561-z)
Posted 30 Mar 2018
Some patients with medically refractory focal epilepsy are chronically implanted with a brain-responsive neurostimulation device (the RNS System), permitting neurophysiological measurements at millisecond resolution. This clinical device can be adapted to measure hippocampal dynamics time-locked to cognitive tasks. We illustrate the technique with a proof of concept in three patients previously implanted with the RNS System as they engage in an associative memory task, measured months apart. Hippocampal activity measured in successful encoding in RNS System patients mirrors that in surgical patients during intracranial electroencephalography (iEEG), suggesting that chronic iEEG allows sensitive measurements of hippocampal physiology over prolonged timescales.
- Downloaded 432 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 77,351
- In neuroscience: 11,419
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 144,820
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 132,386
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!