Case fatality risk of the SARS-CoV-2 variant of concern B.1.1.7 in England
Daniel J Grint,
Helen I McDonald,
David H. Evans,
Stephen JW Evans,
Alex J Walker,
Christopher T Rentsch,
Helen J Curtis,
Caroline E Morton,
Sebastian CJ Bacon,
Angel YS Wong,
Ian J Douglas,
Nicolas J DeVito,
Rosalind M Eggo
Posted 08 Mar 2021
medRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2021.03.04.21252528
Posted 08 Mar 2021
The B.1.1.7 variant of concern (VOC) is increasing in prevalence across Europe. Accurate estimation of disease severity associated with this VOC is critical for pandemic planning. We found increased risk of death for VOC compared with non-VOC cases in England (HR: 1.67 (95% CI: 1.34 - 2.09; P<.0001). Absolute risk of death by 28-days increased with age and comorbidities. VOC has potential to spread faster with higher mortality than the pandemic to date.
- Downloaded 9,813 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 941
- In infectious diseases: 290
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 169
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 1,552
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!