Neutralization of SARS-CoV-2 VOC 501Y.V2 by human antisera elicited by both inactivated BBIBP-CorV and recombinant dimeric RBD ZF2001 vaccines
Recently, the emerged and rapidly spreading SARS-CoV-2 variant of concern (VOC) 501Y.V2 with 10 amino acids in spike protein were found to escape host immunity induced by infection or vaccination. Global concerns have been raised for its potential to affect vaccine efficacy. Here, we evaluated the neutralization activities of two vaccines developed in China against 501Y.V2. One is licensed inactivated vaccine BBIBP-CorV and the other one is recombinant dimeric receptor-binding domain (RBD) vaccine ZF2001. Encouragingly, both vaccines largely preserved neutralizing titres, with slightly reduction, against 501Y.V2 authentic virus compare to their titres against both original SARS-CoV-2 and the currently circulating D614G virus. These data indicated that 501Y.V2 variant will not escape the immunity induced by vaccines targeting whole virus or RBD.
- Downloaded 17,375 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 467
- In microbiology: 53
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 103
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 25,297
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!