Gene co-expression analysis has emerged as a powerful method to provide insights into gene function and regulation. The rapid growth of publicly available RNA-sequencing (RNA-seq) data has created opportunities for researchers to employ this abundant data to help decipher the complexity and biology of genomes. Co-expression networks have proven effective for inferring relationship between the genes, for gene prioritization and for assigning function to poorly annotated genes based on their co-expressed partners. To facilitate such analyses we created previously an online co-expression tool for humans and mice entitled GeneFriends . To continue providing a valuable tool to the scientific community, we have updated the GeneFriends database. Here, we present the latest version of GeneFriends, which includes updated gene and transcript co-expression networks based on RNA-seq data from 46,475 human and 34,322 mouse samples. GeneFriends is freely available at http://www.genefriends.org/
- Downloaded 209 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 105,876
- In genomics: 6,158
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 11,302
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 62,230
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!