Transplacental Transfer of SARS-CoV-2 Antibodies
Dustin D. Flannery,
Miren B. Dhudasia,
Madeline R. Pfeifer,
Emily C. Woodford,
Jourdan E. Triebwasser,
Jeffrey S. Gerber,
Jeffrey S Morris,
Madison E. Weirick,
Christopher M. McAllister,
Marcus J Bolton,
Claudia P Arevalo,
Elizabeth M Anderson,
Eileen C. Goodwin,
Scott E. Hensley,
Karen M. Puopolo
Posted 11 Oct 2020
medRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.10.07.20207480
Posted 11 Oct 2020
We measured SARS-CoV-2 antibody levels in serum samples from 1,471 mother/newborn dyads and found efficient transplacental transfer of SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibodies in 72 of 83 seropositive pregnant women. Transfer ratios >1.0 were observed among women with an asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection as well as those with mild, moderate and severe COVID-19. Our findings demonstrate the potential for maternally-derived antibodies to provide neonatal protection from SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Downloaded 1,182 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 28,394
- In infectious diseases: 2,740
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 92,699
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 142,105
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!