The COVID-19 pandemic continues to detrimentally impact the United States. Using a survey, we collected demographic and COVID-19 risk perception, behavior, knowledge, and attitude data from 672 adults across the U.S. in May 2020. These variables were compared with the results from a survey in February 2020. Participants who were older (55+ years; M = 6.3, SD = 2.0), identified as Native American/Alaska Native (M = 6.8, SD = 1.0) or Asian (M = 6.0, SD = 2.0), and those who had contracted (M = 6.8, SD = 2.0) or knew someone who had contracted COVID-19 (M = 6.2, SD = 1.7) reported higher perceived risk. Health behaviors, such as physical distancing, have shown to impact infectious disease trajectories. As the U.S. reopens its economy, public health officials and politicians must formulate culturally appropriate and evidence-based messaging and policies, based on the public's COVID-19 risk perceptions, to encourage preventive behaviors.
- Downloaded 503 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 59,898
- In public and global health: 845
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 44,505
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 26,511
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!