Tertiary Lymphoid Structure and CD8 T Cell Exclusion in Minimally Invasive Adenocarcinoma
Posted 04 Aug 2020
medRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.08.03.20166991
Posted 04 Aug 2020
Lung adenocarcinoma is the leading cause of cancer death. To characterize the tumor microenvironment (TME) of early-stage lung adenocarcinoma, we performed RNA-seq profiling on 59 pairs of minimally invasive adenocarcinoma (MIA) tumors and matched adjacent normal lung tissues from Chinese patients. We observed mucin over-expression and glycosylation, and altered cytokine-cytokine interactions in MIA tumors, which also had distinct adaptive immune TME of higher CD4+ T cell infiltration, higher plasma B cell activation, and lower CD8+ T cell infiltration. The high expression of markers for B cells, activated CD4 T cells, and follicular helper T (Tfh) cells in MIA implicated the formation of tertiary lymphoid structures (TLS), which were supported by two independent single-cell RNA-seq data. Multiplex immunohistochemistry (mIHC) staining of 22 MIA tumors validated TLS formation and revealed an enrichment of follicular regulatory T cells (Tfr) in TLS follicles, which may explain the lower CD8+ T cell infiltration and attenuated anti-tumor immunity in MIA.
- Downloaded 704 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 38,963
- In genetic and genomic medicine: 148
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 14,916
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 14,402
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!