Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 70,317 bioRxiv papers from 307,048 authors.
Toward D-Peptide Biosynthesis: Elongation Factor P Enables Ribosomal Incorporation Of Consecutive D-Amino Acids
To maintain stereospecific biochemistry in cells, living organisms have evolved mechanisms to exclude D-amino acids (DAA) in their protein synthesis machinery, which also limits our exploration of the realm of mirror-image molecules. Here, we show that high affinity between EF-Tu and aminoacyl-tRNA promotes D-amino acid incorporation. More strikingly, Elongation Factor P efficiently resolves peptidyl transferase stalling between two consecutive D-amino acids, and hence enables the translation of D-peptides.
- Downloaded 625 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 16,702 out of 70,340
- In biochemistry: 364 out of 2,105
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 42,369 out of 70,340
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 40,510 out of 70,340
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!