Seroconversion of a city: Longitudinal monitoring of SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence in New York City
Guh Asthagiri Arunkumar,
Emilia M. Sordillo,
Harm van Bakel,
Posted 29 Jun 2020
medRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.06.28.20142190
Posted 29 Jun 2020
By conducting a retrospective, cross-sectional analysis of SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence in a sentinel group (enriched for SARS-CoV-2 infections) and a screening group (representative of the general population) using >5,000 plasma samples from patients at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City (NYC), we identified seropositive samples as early as in the week ending February 23, 2020. A stark increase in seropositivity in the sentinel group started the week ending March 22 and in the screening group in the week ending March 29. By the week ending April 19, the seroprevalence in the screening group reached 19.3%, which is well below the estimated 67% needed to achieve community immunity to SARS-CoV-2. These data potentially suggest an earlier than previously documented introduction of SARS-CoV-2 into the NYC metropolitan area.
- Downloaded 8,684 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 1,149
- In epidemiology: 149
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 10,582
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 73,077
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!