Early impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing measures on routine childhood vaccinations in England, January to April 2020
Helen I McDonald,
Joanne M White,
Jemma L Walker,
J Anthony Scott,
Mary E Ramsay,
Posted 11 May 2020
medRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.05.07.20094557
Posted 11 May 2020
Electronic health records were used to assess the early impact of COVID-19 on routine childhood vaccination in England to 26 April 2020. MMR vaccination counts fell from February 2020, and in the three weeks after introduction of social distancing measures were 19.8% lower (95% CI -20.7 to -18.9%) than the same period in 2019, before improving in mid-April. A gradual decline in hexavalent vaccination counts throughout 2020 was not accentuated on introduction of social distancing.
- Downloaded 885 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 28,360
- In public and global health: 493
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 57,097
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 82,548
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!