An integrated workflow for cross-linking/mass spectrometry
Marta L. Mendes,
Zhuo A Chen,
Francis J O'Reilly,
Colin W Combe,
Markus R Eisele,
Posted 25 Jun 2018
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/355396 (published DOI: 10.15252/msb.20198994)
Posted 25 Jun 2018
We present a concise workflow to enhance the mass spectrometric detection of cross-linked peptides by introducing sequential digestion and the cross-link identification software Xi. Sequential digestion enhances peptide detection by shortening long tryptic peptides while avoiding over-digestion. We demonstrate our simple 12-fraction protocol for cross-linked multi-protein complexes and cell lysates, quantitative analysis, and high-density cross-linking, without requiring specific cross-linker features. This overall approach reveals dynamic protein-protein interaction sites, which are accessible, have fundamental functional relevance and are therefore ideally suited for the development of small molecule inhibitors.
- Downloaded 3,160 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 6,799
- In biochemistry: 122
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 93,120
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 117,326
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!