Artificial intelligence assisted standard white light endoscopy accurately characters early colorectal cancer: a multicenter diagnostic study
Posted 23 Feb 2020
medRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.02.21.20025650
Posted 23 Feb 2020
Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the third in incidence and mortality1 of cancer. Screening with colonoscopy has been shown to reduce mortality by 40-60%2. Challenge for screening indistinguishable precancerous and noninvasive lesion using conventional colonoscopy was still existing3. We propose to establish a propagable artificial intelligence assisted high malignant potential early CRC characterization system (ECRC-CAD). 4,390 endoscopic images of early CRC were used to establish the model. The diagnostic accuracy of high malignant potential early CRC was 0.963 (95% CI, 0.941-0.978) in the internal validation set and 0.835 (95% CI, 0.805-0.862) in external datasets. It achieved better performance than the expert endoscopists. Spreading of ECRC-CAD to regions with different medical levels can assist in CRC screening and prevention.
- Downloaded 299 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 91,980
- In oncology: 166
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 70,207
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 61,442
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!