Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 62,198 bioRxiv papers from 276,130 authors.
Although genome-wide association studies (GWASs) have identified thousands of risk loci for many complex traits and diseases, the causal variants and genes at these loci remain largely unknown. We leverage recently introduced methods to integrate gene expression measurements from 45 expression panels with summary GWAS data to perform 30 transcriptome-wide association studies (TWASs). We identify 1,196 susceptibility genes whose expression is associated with these traits; of these, 168 reside more than 0.5Mb away from any previously reported GWAS significant variant, thus providing new risk loci. Second, we find 43 pairs of traits with significant genetic correlation at the level of predicted expression; of these, 8 are not found through genetic correlation at the SNP level. Third, we use bi-directional regression to find evidence for BMI causally influencing triglyceride levels, and triglyceride levels causally influencing LDL. Taken together, our results provide insights into the role of expression to susceptibility of complex traits and diseases.
- Downloaded 1,723 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 2,843 out of 62,198
- In genetics: 255 out of 3,537
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 25,673 out of 62,198
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 19,431 out of 62,198
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!